Photo

My PC just went BOOM!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Bullet-BS

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

Well the parts came in my heart sank when I saw the box at UPS. Well only slight damage was found on one of the boxes inside the box. Then the assembly started, sigh my goodness that heatsink & fan assembly is friggin HUGE I have no idea if the side will back on or not. Looking at the motherboard where is the 2nd damn IDE plug in?? AAAWWWW mmmaaannn I have 4 IDE devices and now a plug in for only 2. Off to the store to buy a damn SATA drive. Well upgrading to 1/2 a Terabyte isn't really a bad thing I guess. So back from the store and wala let the assembly begin!!!!

I got the motherboard bolted down, then had to unbolt it because there is a brace for the heat sink that goes UNDER the damn motherboard. Didn't know what socket the cpu was so that took a while to figure out, man it has been a long damn time since I have built a system. Then after all that is said and done hmmm why are the 4 pins not plugged into the main power into the motherboard, and what is this 6 pin connector on the back of the video card? AAAAWWWW MMMMAAAANNNN now the 480w power supply I have is out of damn date before it even got hooked up to a system. So I am forced to buy another power supply, holy crap this is getting friggin expensive. I am over 600.00 with the Western Digital Hard Drive, and now I have to get a 100.00 plus power supply geez didn't plan on spending that much money gggrrrrrrr. More updates later SIPPY TIME!!!!!!

#22 Murphyslaw4267

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

I forgot my Zalman has a brace under the motherboard too...then it had a grounding problem...and it was a disaster...but know it is working...and it is a great computer.

#23 spookyload

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:18 AM

Instead of replacing the drive, you could also just buy an IDE controller card. Goes into a PCI slot. You will be better off with the new drive though. Much more efficient. Your new rig should smoke your old one badly.

#24 General Ferra

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

Wow! With all that money your saving I could have gone to Harvard! :unsure:

#25 Bullet-BS

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:55 AM

I am just trying not to think about how many bags of fishing worms I could have bought :shutup:

#26 bonds...steriod bonds

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

I am just trying not to think about how many bags of fishing worms I could have bought :shutup:

bags of worms? over here in california, real fishermen buy there worms in little plastic boxes...with dirt in the box...you texicans must dig your own...

#27 Major.Winters

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

You should over clock and try to compete with me in 3dmark06. I do pretty well with my computer.

....or we could just have a pissing contest... :P :lol:

#28 Bullet-BS

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

bags of worms? over here in california, real fishermen buy there worms in little plastic boxes...with dirt in the box...you texicans must dig your own...

:pokey: that is just so wrong in so many ways where do I begin? :blink:
LET THE FLOGGING BEGIN!!! :whippingsmiley: :whippingsmiley:

#29 Murphyslaw4267

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

You should over clock and try to compete with me in 3dmark06. I do pretty well with my computer.

Are you challenging my 3dmark06 score?

#30 Monkey

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

Are you challenging my 3dmark06 score?

Yup I think he means he is going to pee on your system and then see what kind of score you have :blink:

#31 Bullet-BS

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

IT LIVES AND HOLY CRAP IT'S FRIGGIN FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 spookyload

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Great...one less person I spawn before at the beginning of a round!!

#33 Murphyslaw4267

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

Great...one less person I spawn before at the beginning of a round!!

I feel the same way, more and more people are spawning with me at the beginning of rounds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com