Photo

Video Card -Please Help!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 Lin

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

ATI should have several versions of prior drivers, you should just be able to walk back through them (PITA, I know). Avoid installing Catalyst if at all possible by choosing the Custom install, take Catalyst off and just check the driver back on.

#22 Bets

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:16 PM

I've had the same problem. I upgraded my vid driver tonight, and then it fizzed the screen, bumped to desktop and gave me an error message that the graphics driver was no longer communicating (thanks Catalyst). I uninstalled that one, reinstalled an older one, and it's been fine tonight.

Roll back? and don't use Catalyst...it suxeth.

What card do you have?....what driver did ya go to?
Bets

#23 Bets

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:22 PM

ATI should have several versions of prior drivers, you should just be able to walk back through them (PITA, I know). Avoid installing Catalyst if at all possible by choosing the Custom install, take Catalyst off and just check the driver back on.

I went to ATI site, they only have older catalysts to download....how can I find an older driver thats compatible with my vieo card without downloading a catalyst?....I'm starting to feel like a pain in the butt now...lol. Thanks for your help!

Bets

#24 pest control

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:51 PM

I run catalyst 5.4 with Radeon 9000. u should be able to run it with 9550 without any problems too.
the video card should have came with the drivers too (cd), if not, follow the link below

https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

click on drivers/software and u will find them all in there, and old ones are in "previous drivers and software"

are u sure its video card that ur having problems with? u know some games just use more power and memory and .... I would read Hyd's post again if I where u.

also, u might wanna check monitor too, few years ago i ended doing a complete upgrade after problems I had, finding in the end that it was just monitor that died

#25 Bets

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

I run catalyst 5.4 with Radeon 9000. u should be able to run it with 9550 without any problems too.
the video card should have came with the drivers too (cd), if not, follow the link below

https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

click on drivers/software and u will find them all in there, and old ones are in "previous drivers and software"

are u sure its video card that ur having problems with? u know some games just use more power and memory and .... I would read Hyd's post again if I where u.

also, u might wanna check monitor too, few years ago i ended doing a complete upgrade after problems I had, finding in the end that it was just monitor that died

Thanks for the info...I know there is a over heating issue...I have that under control...but I don't know about the monitor...will check into it and will try 5.4...thanks!

Bets

#26 Iceman(uk)

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:13 AM

Hi, Any good news on the subject Bets ?

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com