Photo

BF2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:47 AM

Go to Control Panel ----> System ----> Advanced -----> Startup and Recovery (click Settings) -----> uncheck Automatically Restart.

Write down the error codes on the BSOD so that you can tell what is causing it. Then restart the comp manually by pushing the restart button. If I had to guess, it is your sound driver or your video driver. SB just released a new one. There is also a OpenALwEAX.dll file you can dl if it is a sound problem.

it says Tfsnifs.sys what is this?

#22 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:10 AM

I just Google'd it...I hope these help to get you on the right track, at least.

From another forum:
The Problem has to do with Sonic Record Now. The software usually takes about 30 minutes to mess up. This happens on both Windows XP and Windows 2k installations. The indication is a screen freeze with blue red and green diagonal lines that force your to perform an hard reboot. The easiest method of repair is to pull Sonic Easy Record and use something like Roxio or Nero. The problem is actually a conflict between the Sonic software and Nvidia Display Adaptors. Some variables may change on your system like your OS or your video Card but Sonic is the culprit when you receive errors with tfsnifs.sys

Different forum:
I have experienced BSOD's with Veritas' DLA package (which shipped as part
of my Pioneer DVD).

Specifically, the driver tfsnifs.sys causes BSOD on Windows XP Pro SP1.

Anyone know where updates can be downloaded.

Same Thread:
hi,
im only 12 but please dont ignore me. I bought half life 2 yesterday and when i put the installation disk in, after about 5 mins, my computer screen has a blue background with white writing. It says that there is a problem with one of my files (tfsnifs.sys) that has caused a problem. I have never had this prob before and it was only after i purchased Half Life 2. I tried looking at tfnsifs.sys with notepad, but it just told me that it was made by veritas.

Still another forum:
Go to support.dell.com, search for BR77686.exe, and download the file.

"PeterB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi!
>
> I get BSOD when I put a DVD (MSDN VS.NET installation disc) into my DVD+RW
> drive. The message in the BSOD is
>
> STOP 0x0000007E ...
> tfsnifs.sys ...
>
> I have a new Dell 8400 Dimension
> TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E (DVD/CD)
> RADEON X300 Series (Graphics)
> NAV 2004

Still a different forum:
When I attempt to install my Serious Magic software Windows reports a serious error referencing a file called TFSNIFS.SYS. It then simply reboots, or shows me a blue screen.
Check to see if you have the program Sonic Record Now installed. Ensure that the CD/DVD ROM is empty. Open up My Computer. Right-click on the CD/DVD ROM drive, and choose properties. Go to the tab marked DLA. Uncheck the box listed there for enabling Drive Letter Access. Click OK. Then, put the disc in the drive. The Autorun should start up normally.

#23 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

ok it's worrking properly now
i just un clicked the DLA(what does this even do? any effect on my sys?)

#24 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:43 PM

ok it's worrking properly now
i just un clicked the DLA(what does this even do? any effect on my sys?)

There we go! Another satisfied customer. I think this can be closed now.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com