Photo

Gun Game on DoD:S...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

Within our selection of maps the gun game mod has been added to dod_gg_fanatic_b1. It is the only map at this point to offer the mod. Most who have played this map enjoy its "what action" capabilities. Now you can play it while testing your skills utilizing various weapons. This map is fast paced and fun with just a few players. Those who have tried the map appear to have enjoyed themselves.

I would like to thank Kris for getting the mod installed. As of this afternoon he was still tweaking the mod, please allow him the freedom to test if you are in game. Do not kill him time and time again like I did...:)

Changes such as these are implemented in order to offer some variety in an effort to gain more players.

MG's DoD:S FTW!

#2 Catfish

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

There really is a Santa Claus!

#3 Hartley

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:12 PM

Sweeeeeeet! :applaud:

#4 Comet

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

There really is a Santa Claus!

...yup, and Kris Cringle is his name!

#5 Fulcrum

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

kewl

so is it gonna be 24/7 gun game now
Gun Game night?
or just whenever you guys feel like it

#6 BuzKill

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:54 PM

I'll be home in about 30 to work with gungame if anyone is interested.

#7 Comet

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:46 PM

kewl

so is it gonna be 24/7 gun game now
Gun Game night?
or just whenever you guys feel like it

"so is it gonna be 24/7 gun game now"...as far as that particular map goes...yes. We could have a gg night but it may not appeal to all, being able to offer it when we want is what's most important in my opinion. Adding it to a rotation on a Wed/Sun would be something to consider. I can't imagine what mayhem it would offer with a decent number of players.

#8 general ramsey

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Kris...YOU ROCK!

#9 Comet

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

Ahmed, I see now why you asked about the server being 24/7 Gun Game, our sever name was changed to Moongamers DOD:S Gungame w/ Stats...I just noticed on Game Monitor. :blink:

I had no intention nor did I specify changing the sever name let alone the server to a Gungame mod 24/7. I simply wanted to offer the Gun Game mod on the map fanatic.

Who ever changed the server name please change it back. Nothing has changed, we still run our rotation as per usual. If and when an admin wants to change a map due to a low player count they will have the ability to choose some of the new maps loaded. fanatic was one such map that seemed to peak interest, I thought it would be fun to run the Gun Game mod on it...that is all.

Not sure what happened there...lol!

#10 Hartley

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

Ahmed, I see now why you asked about the server being 24/7 Gun Game, our sever name was changed to Moongamers DOD:S Gungame w/ Stats...I just noticed on Game Monitor. :blink:

I had no intention nor did I specify changing the sever name let alone the server to a Gungame mod 24/7. I simply wanted to offer the Gun Game mod on the map fanatic.

Who ever changed the server name please change it back. Nothing has changed, we still run our rotation as per usual. If and when an admin wants to change a map due to a low player count they will have the ability to choose some of the new maps loaded. fanatic was one such map that seemed to peak interest, I thought it would be fun to run the Gun Game mod on it...that is all.

Not sure what happened there...lol!

I woulda hated a 24/7 gungame. Being able to use the sniepr for 1 or 2 kills would suck uber hard!

#11 Comet

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Within our selection of maps the gun game mod has been added to dod_gg_fanatic_b1.

Hartley the thought of a GG 24/7 server never crossed my mind.

Something got lost in translation...no big deal.

I have pmed Kris.

#12 BuzKill

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:14 PM

The server only changes name when it is in gungame mode. It changes back when it is in normal mode. That is just one of the options of the mod. If you like, I can easily change it so it always says Moongamers DOD w/ Stats no matter what mode it is in.

Just let me know.

#13 Comet

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

The server only changes name when it is in gungame mode. It changes back when it is in normal mode. That is just one of the options of the mod. If you like, I can easily change it so it always says Moongamers DOD w/ Stats no matter what mode it is in.

Just let me know.

I didn't know that Kris, it all makes sense now. I think (1) MoonGamers DoD:S w/Stats (exactly as written) would be fine. If it is going to change names when the mod is on then I would think (2) MoonGamers DoD:S Gun Game w/Stats is preferable. I wouldn't have 24/7 in there.

(1) is fine by me, if the mod is run and the name changes automatically to (2) then back to (1) there after I'm fine with that too.

Thanks for clearing that up Kris.

#14 BuzKill

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

I'm not sure where the 24/7 came from.. I don't think it ever said that.

So its ok as it is?

Normal mod "Moongamers DoD:S w/ Stats
Gungame mod (Must be changed by admin, goes back to Normal mod next map change) "Moongamers DoD:S Gun Game w/ Stats

Or would everyone prefer that it never changed names?

#15 Comet

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:49 AM

I frequent our Game Monitor banner on the Home page, that is where I saw 24/7 in the name this afternoon. Anyhoo...

It's awesomer, thanks Kris!

#16 BuzKill

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

Got turbo mode working in gungame so that should speed things along.

Keep an eye out for other maps and mods that we can play with.

-Kris

#17 Fulcrum

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:03 AM

now all we need is zombie DoD

#18 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:24 AM

What is "Gungame?"

#19 WTBass

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:48 AM

What is "Gungame?"

Harry, Gungame is usually a smaller map and there are no objectives to be taken. It is strictly kill and be killed. Most GG's will allow only one weapon per level....generally you get the easy weapons when you start off and as you get more kills, the guns get harder. For instance you start with the tommy or bar....move to the rifles, then mg, then pistol, then grenade, and finally the knife. You are not able to "switch" weapons in game.

Most people find it is a way to improve your gun skills... games are normally fast and furious....

...and someone add what I've missed....I must get to work!

#20 Catfish

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

What is "Gungame?"

Harry, Gungame is usually a smaller map and there are no objectives to be taken. It is strictly kill and be killed. Most GG's will allow only one weapon per level....generally you get the easy weapons when you start off and as you get more kills, the guns get harder. For instance you start with the tommy or bar....move to the rifles, then mg, then pistol, then grenade, and finally the knife. You are not able to "switch" weapons in game.

Most people find it is a way to improve your gun skills... games are normally fast and furious....

...and someone add what I've missed....I must get to work!

That's pretty much it, the basic objective is to be the first to get a kill with every weapon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com