Photo

How To Open, Edit, and Post Screenshots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Why Two Kay

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:00 PM

You just took a screenshot, you go into your C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Screenshots directory, only to find some random .tga files! Well, those are how BF saves the Screenshots. I've had alot of requests for this program so im gonna post the link here. Its called Irfanview (err-fan-view), and it will open the .tga files and re-save them as .jpg files. It can also do batch conversions, but ill talk more about that later. Well, you can Download It Here. You just need the program, no plug-ins required!

Alright, launch the program and then naviagate to the Screenshot Directory. Then open it up. You can crop images by selecting the area you would like (drag with mouse selection) to have, then pressing Control+Y (or Edit-->Crop Selection).

Then you need to save it! Click File--->Save and select JPEG .jpg as the file type, (NOT JPEG 2000). Then save it to a common place like the desktop or my documents.

To post you will need to upload it to http://www.imageshack.us.
Then take the line of code that says: Thumbnail for forums (1).
You need to place it into your post where you would like the image to be located.

#2 MeanMachine

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:07 AM

Does this program allow people to crop their images? If it does could you also post instructions on how they would do this. Some of the images posted in this forum are too large for the most standard screen resolutions and require both vertical and horizontal scrolling.

If this program does not support the crop feature is there any other way users can re-size their images before posting?

#3 donkey kong

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:00 AM

yes you can crop your images its in edit--->Crop section. You have to have what you want croped outlined by draging your mouse around it. Like for my sig down there. I Out lined my score the my mouse and went edit crop section. Hope that helps.

#4 MeanMachine

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:03 AM

I know how to manipulate images and use PhotoShop to do it. I was asking if the program Ryan is recommending does. If so can he add information on how people would do this before they post to the forums.

#5 Comet

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:09 PM

I have always used it, works just fine.

Moon ya later! ®

#6 Cannon Fodder

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:12 AM

Ryan, I've been looking for this for a while...thanks for your help!

#7 Monkey

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:00 AM

Wow I didn't know that this was there i had been doing screenshots the old fashioned way. But my Photosuite will open and edit the files. :blink:

#8 Big Tymer

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:21 AM

ok i have a question: say that you took ss's and they dont come up in your folder? what then? and yes i have tried making folders with Screenshots (i think i have 3 of them at the moment)

#9 Why Two Kay

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:29 AM

ok i have a question: say that you took ss's and they dont come up in your folder? what then? and yes i have tried making folders with Screenshots (i think i have 3 of them at the moment)

Make sure your pressing Print Screen as your key. You shouldnt have to make the folder.

#10 Big Tymer

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:49 AM

.........i do press the print screen key

and if i dont need a folder for screenshots, then where are they stored?

#11 MeanMachine

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:15 PM

When I was using the Microsoft keyboard I had to turn off 'F Lock'. I think this only applies to keyboards that use an F Lock to enable the function keys. If I did not turn this off it would not take a SS.

As Ryan points out the images should go to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\ScreenShots

This is assuming your game has been installed on your C: drive. If not replace the letter designator with the drive the game is installed on.

#12 Comet

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:42 PM

:withstup: that is correct Roger! :beer:

#13 natesroom

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

can we make this a technical sticky i have seen this post about a dozen times in my omahah lifetime

#14 Why Two Kay

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:25 AM

can we make this a technical sticky i have seen this post about a dozen times in my omahah lifetime

Already is ;)

#15 AGIRLJUSTKILLED

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for posting this ryan.. I was trying to figure out how to convert a tga to something exceptable.. and came to the forum to post questions... this progam did it for me.... so thx

#16 Why Two Kay

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for posting this ryan.. I was trying to figure out how to convert a tga to something exceptable.. and came to the forum to post questions... this progam did it for me.... so thx

No Problem! I am going to write another guide on how to make vids too! :D

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com